Add Owner Information to the Lock Screen – The Lock Screen category is found on the Device tab on some Samsung phones. Choose Owner Info or Owner Information. Ensure that there’s a checkmark by the Show Owner Info on the Lock Screen option. You can type more than one line of text, though the information is displayed on the lock screen as a single line.
How to Add Owner Information to the Lock Screen
With the devices getting common and everybody being interested in buying the same phone that you just have recently bought, it often happens that someone might accidentally get their device replaced with yours. It happens more often in cases wherein people or organizations issue similar devices to a bunch of people. It used to happen in BlackBerry phones, but now this is becoming a common problem with Androids smartphones.
So here’s a cool trick, and with it, you can have a personalized message on your device’s home screen.
Setting up owner information on the Android device is a simple task.
- On your Android device, locate the Applications home key and press that key. The application’s home key is generally located in the lower portion of the screen. From there, select the settings menu. Alternatively, you can also open the setting menu from the options key of your device’s home screen.
- Once the settings menu opens, please scroll down and locate the Lock Screen option from the various options and press it.
- The application will then open up the following screen. From that, scroll down to the Owner information option. By default, this option is left unchecked. Check the option to enable the owner information system and select the options key right next to it to proceed with the custom message or information.
- In the next window, input the owner information or a custom message as you like, and once done, press Save.
- The screen will take you back to the owner information display window. Exit the menu, and now, whenever you lock the device, This will display the owner information on the device’s lock screen.
Display owner info on Lock Screen
If you are an older version user (4.2 JellyBean or older version) of Android smartphones, the built-in feature may not be available. In this case, you can download an app from the google play store and use it to avail the feature. Several apps are available in the play store, and one good option is Owner Info Widget. Here is what to do:
- Go to menu > play store app.
- Search for the Owner Info Widget app.
- Download it and install it on your device.
- Customize the app by adding your information and activate it.
The widget does not work on the default Android lock screen. If you use a pin-protected lock screen, use the Widget Locker application or alternatives to have widgets on the lock screen.
If you use an android smartphone with having an operating system of version 4.2 JellyBean or higher, then this feature is built-in in your android device. To use this feature, follow the following steps:
- Go to menu > settings > my device > lock screen.
- Tap the lock screen widgets, and at the bottom, press the owner information.
- Here you can enter any information you want, such as your name or email address.
- Check ‘show owner info on the lock screen.’
Now exit the settings, lock your device, and you’ll see the information on the lock screen, right beneath the time and date.
Owner Information to the Lock Screen
Screen locks add security to your Android phone, but what happens when a Good Samaritan finds your phone? He’ll probably pick up the phone and turn it on. Whether your phone is locked or not, the Good Samaritan would probably appreciate some text right on the lock screen that says who the phone belongs to and how to contact that person. That makes sense.
To add owner info text to your Android phone’s lock screen, follow these steps:
Visit the Settings app.
Choose the Security or Lock Screen category. On some Samsung phones, the Lock Screen category is found on the Device tab.
Choose Owner Info or Owner Information.
Ensure that there’s a checkmark by the Show Owner Info on the Lock Screen option.
Type text in the box. You can type more than one line of text, though the information is displayed on the lock screen as a single line.
Touch the OK button. Or touch the Back icon to return to the previous screen.