How to Check The IMEI Number of Phone’s – IMEI International Mobile Station Equipment Identity – It is a unique number that is assigned to every mobile phone. You may be asked for your IMEI number when you are registering your phone or trying to sell an old one online. If you lose your phone, or if it is stolen this IMEI number is very useful. If you lost your Phone a file a missing complaint Police usually ask you to mention the IMEI number when reporting your phone as stolen and then your phone can be blocked by depending on the laws from accessing networks or placing calls by blacklisting its IMEI.
Tablets with cellular connectivity will also have an IMEI number. You must note that an IMEI is associated with a SIM slot so that the dual SIM phones will have two IMEI numbers. There are some methods to check the IMEI Number as shown below.
How to Check the Phone’s IMEI Number By Using the USSD code
This is one of the simplest methods of finding your phone’s IMEI number. One of the best things about this method is that it is more or less universal. This method almost works on all the feature phones and smartphones, so try this before you go searching for the phone’s bill.
- Dial *#06# on your phone.
- By clicking the USSD code the IMEI number will now be displayed on the screen.
- After that, You can take a screenshot or note it down somewhere safe.
How to Check IMEI Number on iPhone
The IMEI is printed on the SIM tray on the iPhone 4s or older iPhones. The IMEI is engraved on the back panel if you have an iPhone 5 or a new iPhone. Just flip the phone to note it down.
How to Check the IMEI Number of Phone’s Using the Settings Option
- On Android, To see the IMEI number First, go to Settings > About > IMEI. Click on the Status and scroll down to see the IMEI information.
- On an iPhone, To see the IMEI number click on the Settings > General > About and scroll down to IMEI.
- The IMEI is printed on a sticker that is inside the phone, under the battery on most of the other phones with a removable battery, take the battery out to check.
- When if you don’t have the phone then check the IMEI Number on RetailBox or Bill
On Retail Box or Bill Check the Phone’s IMEI Number
On the side of the box, this IMEI number will be on the sticker. If you need to check the IMEI at least Keep the box safe because it will be useful or if you choose to resell the phone at a later date. It is a good reason to keep them safe instead of throwing them out because this IMEI Number is present on the retail box and the bill written.
How to Check the IMEI Number of Phone’s on Android
If Android users have lost their phone they can check their device’s IMEI number. All the above methods mentioned can work perfectly and are faster, but if you have lost the phone and not kept the box. Android users change the IMEI Number also the below steps can still help you out.
- First, log in to the Google Dashboard using the Google account linked to the Android phone.
- Click on the Android, & next go to the green robot logo.
- Along with their IMEI numbers, this will reveal a list of devices registered to the account
How to Check the IMEI number on the Apple iPhone
The company has made it very easy by engraving the IMEI number on the rear panel of the phone for iPhone users, but do note that on iPhone 5 series has this option. Apple has stopped engraving the IMEI numbers on the rear panel with the launch of the iPhone 6 series. Earlier Apple users print the IMEI number on the SIM tray of the iPhone 4s. The new iPhone users can use the following steps to find the IMEI number on their phones. Here we can also observe how to activate iPhone without a SIM card
- First, Head to the setting app.
- Then Select the general from the list and tap on About.
- You can find all the important details in this About section, about your iPhone including the IMEI number.
How to Check the IMEI Number is Unlocked or Not?
This process is simple for both iPhones and Android devices. To start with iPhone, you can simply know if your phone is unlocked by going to Settings > General > About. Then you can observe a No SIM Restrictions message next to the Carrier Lock. This means your iPhone is unlocked.
For Android, all you need to do is find the IMEI number by following the Settings > About > IMEI and then search online for an IMEI tracker. You can easily check your Android phone is unlocked or not by using it online.
How to Check the IMEI Activation Date?
If you have a Realme smartphone, you can use the company’s Phone Check service to get all the information about the phone including the activation date, and you can also easily check the activation date using the IMEI number. OPPO phone also provides a similar service. You can head to the IMEI checker website to know all the details about its activation, warranty, and more if you want to check your Android smartphone activation