Delete Playlist on Spotify– If you’ve grown tired of a particular playlist, you can simply remove it from your library.
It takes just a few simple steps to edit your account. Here’s how to delete a playlist on Spotify:
- On your computer, open the desktop app.
- Locate the playlist in the library on the left-hand side and click on it. Then click on the three tiny dots in the top-right corner.
- A small pop-up menu will appear. Choose “Delete” from the list of options.
- Click “Delete” once more to complete the process.
You can also access Spotify from your web browser. Sign in to your account and repeat the same steps on the web player website. The following browsers allow you to delete a playlist from Spotify:
However, with this method, you can only delete the playlists from your account. Spotify stores all shared playlists on its server. That means even if you’ve removed them from your library, they’re still available to the other subscribers and followers of that playlist.
If you don’t want your followers to access a specific playlist, you have to remove all the tracks manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your library and click on the shared playlist.
- Press “Shift” and highlight all the tracks.
- Right-click to open a drop-down menu.
- Choose “Delete” from the list of options.
- To turn the playlist into a divider, rename it to “-“after you clear all the tracks.
How to Remove a Playlist From Spotify on iPhone?
Spotify is one of the more popular streaming apps in the App Store. You can download it for free or sign up for a premium subscription. Either way, you’re able to make changes to your playlists.
Here’s how to remove a playlist from Spotify on iPhone:
- Tap on the Spotify icon to run the app.
- Click on the “Your Library” tab in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and select “Delete Playlist” from the options menu.
- A pop-up box will appear asking if you want to delete the playlist. Tap “Delete” to confirm.
This method works if you have a new generation model and the latest firmware. However, previous iOS installments require slightly different steps. Here’s how to delete playlists from Spotify on an older version of iOS:
- Go to Spotify > Your Library.
- Select “Playlists” from the list of options.
- Tap on the “Edit” button to access the list of playlists.
- Scroll to the playlist you want to delete. Tap on the little red circle next to it, on the left-hand side.
- Tap on the “Delete” button to complete the removal.
How to Remove a Playlist From Spotify on Android?
You can also download Spotify from the Google Play Store. Although the app performs differently on each device and operating system, some features are the same.
The option to remove an entire playlist from your account is available for Android devices as well. Here’s how to remove a playlist from Spotify on Android:
- Tap on the Spotify icon to access the app.
- Open the “Library” tab in the bottom-right corner. Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- Select “Delete” from the options menu.
How To Delete A Playlist On Spotify 2021?
Here are the steps to delete the Spotify playlist on the computer.
- Go to the desktop app on your computer.
- Navigate to the playlist in the library on the left-hand side and then click on it.
- Click on the 3 dots in the top-right corner.
- A pop-up menu appears. Now, select Delete from the options.
- Again click Delete to complete the process.
How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify on iPhone?
- Open the Spotify app.
- Tap on the “Your Library” in the bottom-right corner.
- Scroll down and choose Delete Playlist from the options.
- A pop-up window appears, and it will ask whether you want to delete the playlist.
- Tap the Delete button to confirm.
The above-mentioned steps work if you have a new generation model. Previous iOS installments need different steps. Follow the below steps to delete playlists from Spotify on an older version of iOS:
- Open the Spotify app and go to your library.
- Choose “Playlists” from the options.
- Click on the “Edit” button to access the list of playlists.
- Scroll to the playlist you need to delete. Now, tap on the red circle next to it, on the left side.
- Tap on the “Delete” button.
How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify on Android?
- Open the Spotify app.
- Go to the “Library” in the bottom-right corner. Tap on the 3 vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- Now, tap “Delete” from the options.
How to Delete a Playlist on Spotify on PS4?
If you want to unlink Spotify from the PS4, follow the below steps.
- Open the Spotify app.
- At the screen’s top right, click on the account name.
- Then “Log Out.”
How to Unlink a Playlist on Spotify on PS4 Via Web Browser?
You can unlink your Spotify account on PS4. Logging out of the devices from the Spotify website will not unlink your PS4. To unlink, follow the below steps.
- Use your PSN username and password and go to the PlayStation website.
- Click “Services” at the top left and then click “PS Music.”
- Manage Your Spotify Link page will appear. There you can see an entry for your Spotify account.
- Click on “Unlink” and then confirm it by clicking “Unlink” again.