Enable and Disable in offline mode – On your device, this Chrome allows you to install browser extensions that add new features and enhance your overall experience. If When you have lost internet access, for offline access, this extension will let you use Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets.
On the Computer
- At first, make sure you are connected to the internet.
- On your Computer, Open Google Chrome.
- Next, download and install the Google Docs Offline extension, which allows you to work on Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets in offline mode. You can download the Chrome extension here
- Open Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets on your computer when the extension is installed.
- Click on the three-lined or ‘Hamburger’ icon in the top left of the screen.
- Tap on ‘Settings’.
- Change or Toggle ‘Create, open and edit your recent Google Docs files on this device while offline’ to ON.
- Click on OK to continue
On Android and iOS
- First, ensure you are connected to the internet.
- On your phone, open the Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets app.
- In the top left of the screen, click on the three-lined or ‘Hamburger’ icon.
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Last, Toggle ‘Create, open and edit your recent Google Docs files on this device while offline’ to ON.
Use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides offline
On your Computer, You can save the most recently opened documents
Before you turn on offline access
- You must connect to the internet.
- You must use the Google Chrome browser.
- Don’t use private browsing.
- Install and turn on Google Docs Offline Chrome extension.
- On your device to save your files, ensure you have enough available space.
How to Turn on Offline Access
- Open Google Drive.
- Click on the Settings at the top right.
- Turn on the Offline setting.
- In your Chrome browser to work offline, open Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
Turn off Offline access
- Open Google Docs.
- Click Menu Settings.
- On the right, turn off Offline.
How to Enable and Disable in offline mode
1. About the Google Drive
The Files app gives quick access to all the files stored on the Chromebook and those stored on the web through Google Drive. Here, the Users can also use it to open files that are saved on an external storage device that is connected to the Chromebook.
2. Google Drive Offline
In Google Drive, all the documents that are saved can be made available offline. Users need to be online and have a good Internet connection to enable offline mode.
3. Enable Google Drive offline
- First, go to Google Drive by clicking the Drive Icon or by visiting the drive.google.com while you are online, and the sync process will begin automatically.
- Here, the documents will be available to be accessed offline when it is done.
- If any Google documents are open, click the Drive icon will open a list of these documents.
- Users may either close these documents or visit drive.google.com directly.
4. Disable Google Drive offline
- In Chrome browser, go to drive.google.com.
- In the top-right corner of your browser, click on the Settings icon.
- Choose Settings.
- On your computer, Next, click on the box next to “Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Drawings files so that you can edit offline.”
Doc, Sheets, and Slides home screens
- In Chrome, open the Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- On the left, click the Menu icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Turn on. To disable offline access, click Turn off.
Make specific files available offline
To manually select files to save offline:
- To turn on offline access in Google Drive, Follow the above steps.
- Next, Open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- On the file, when you want to use the offline, just click More.
- Click Available offline. To show that the file is available offline, a checkmark will appear in the bottom left corner.
Step to Add Extension to Google Chrome to Access Offline Mode
- With Chrome browser, Log in to your Google Account.
- Visit the Chrome Web Store
- Find the Google Docs offline extension
- Click on the Extension to open it and click on the Add to Chrome browser
- In the Popup Window, click on the Add Extension.
- When the Extension will be downloaded and then install on your browser
- After that, the Offline mode option will enable in the Google Drive, docs, slides, and sheets for access to use the files in offline mode
- If you want to Remove the extension then click on the Remove from Chrome blue option.
- Press the Add Extension option.