Hide and Turn Off Comments – Facebook is a challenging place with thousands of people, if not millions, who roam around with their own opinions. And sometimes, they may fill our posts with senseless ads. In this situation, it was quite normal for anyone to feel muggy. Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t provide its users the option to get rid of the comment section for good.
On Facebook Posts, Sometimes feedback in the form of comments is welcome. Other times, not so much. At that moment, you may be wondering how to turn off commenting on your Facebook posts, and the short answer is: You can’t. Facebook states the functionality to disable comments on your posts is Unfortunately not available. On the Facebook account, anyone included in the privacy setting of your post will be able to view, like, and comment on your post.”
However, On a Facebook group page, You can stop commenting on posts. To Turn off commenting on a post, remember that you must be a group admin or a group moderator.
How to Turn Off Comments on a Facebook Group Post
- To turn off comments on a Facebook group post is a quick and simple job.
- At the top right of the post, click on the three dots icon.
- From the options that pop up will appear, then tap on “Turn off commenting.” Comments will now be disabled.
How To Hide Comments On Facebook
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t allow you to disable comments on Facebook Page posts. You can, however, disable comments on Facebook group posts. To hide comments for Facebook group posts,
- Select the group posts for which you want to hide comments
- Click on the three-dotted icon at the upper right corner of the post
- Click on “Turn Off Comments.”
- Any comments for this particular posts will be restricted
How to Turn off Comments on Facebook Groups
As a Facebook user, you can also disable the comments on different Facebook pages/groups. To perform this action, you need to be the person who shared the post originally or a group admin. If you are in one of those two categories, here the below shows what you need to do to disable comments in a group:
- First, Choose the posts on the group for which you don’t want to receive any comments.
- Next, click on the three-dotted icon in the upper right-hand corner, and click on “Turn Off Comments.”
Remember, you can only turn off comments in groups if you have admin privileges or share the post yourself. So don’t try this method on every post whose comments you want to be turned off. You can also choose to make your group private, and this will only let a selected group of people post comments, helping you exercise more control over your content.
How To Turn Off Comments On Facebook Posts & Ads?
Although it is straightforward to turn off comments on posts in Facebook groups, doing it for page posts and ads can be really tricky. Facebook does not provide any options to disable comments on your page posts and ads. There are two workarounds if you want to turn off comments on your Facebook page posts and ads.
Turn off Comments Using Facebook Moderation
For this to work, add daily use symbols such as “.” and words like “to,” “you,” etc., to the forbidden keyword list in your Facebook page administration. You can find this option under Facebook Page Settings > General > Page Moderation. This will hide all incoming comments on your Facebook posts and ads.
But if you only want to turn off comments on a few posts & ads while continuing engagement on your other content, the next method will work for you.
Turn Off Comments On Facebook Using Statusbrew
Statusbrew allows you to turn off comments on a specific post using its amazing feature – “Rule engine.” Using the Statusbrew rule engine, you can create a rule for a specific post and turn off comments on it altogether. Here’s how:
- Head to the rule engine and create a new rule
- Name the rule and select a Facebook profile connected to Statusbrew
- Select condition as “Post is” and act as “Hide all Comments.”
- Click Save, and you are done.
ALSO READ: How to make Post Shareable on Facebook