How to Recover Data from Dead Phone – A phone is considered to be dead when it becomes completely unresponsive and refuses to switch on. Likewise, an Android phone is said to be dead when it does not boot up. You mostly tried to switch it on several times by pressing the power button but it fails.
How Does an Android Phone Get Dead?
Android phones damages due to several reasons. Here, are some common causes you may encounter in your daily life:
- If your Android phone is dropped down on the floor or some hard surface, the device may get dead, unfortunately.
- If your phone gets wet or is dropped in the rain, water, or some other kind of liquid, you may get a dead phone once you have not taken timely and correct countermeasures.
- There may be any kind of shorting in the Phone PCB due to some unknown reasons.
Ways to Recover Data from Dead phone
- Restore Data from Android Backup
- Using Android Data Extraction software
1. Restore from Android Backup
One of the best ways to restore data from a dead phone is by using a backup. If You want to get all of your information back before death. For this, You should always create a backup on an external device. Because when such unexpected things happen on your android device, you cannot switch it on either you can see whether the data is left or deleted.
2. Using Android Data Extraction software
If your phone becomes dead When you don’t have any backup of your android data and then you should use any third-party software which can help you to get out of this situation. This Android Data Extraction software is one of the best software for Android that can help you to get back all your data from the dead phone.
This software can recover every lost data like recover data from water damaged android phone, recovers data from BSOD error, restore data from WSOD error, etc. No matter what type of data you have stored on your device like contacts, photos, videos, text messages, music files, documents, WhatsApp messages, etc can be recovered by using this software.
How to Recover the Data from a Dead Phone using the Backup?
Way 1: Recover Android Data from Google Account
By using the Google Account Most of the users prefer to back up Android data. You can back up the data like photos, videos, documents, audios, and more. However, this way doesn’t give you the chance to select the certain files you want to restore. You can’t restore a backup from a higher Android version onto a phone that is running a lower Android version.
To recover Android data from your Google account, you just need to add your Google account to a normal working Android device that has been reset and then follow the on-screen steps to finish the operation. At last, all your needed data will be back on your Android phone.
Way 2: Recover Android Data from PC
Dead cell phone Data recovery can be much easier If you have transferred your files from Android to PC. You can just use the backup files directly on your computer. Or, you can easily transfer all your needed files to your new phone and use them as normal.
How to Back up Android Phone?
The Data loss on your Android phone may cause Many situations. You need to Back up your Android mobile regularly to protect your Data on the device. You have a chance to restore your Android data even the phone is physically damaged and the data on it is unrecoverable.
There are other ways to do the Backup. The following ways show to back up your Android data
1. How to Back up the Android Data using the Google Account?
From your mobile phone, You can easily back up photos, videos, documents, and settings to your Google Account. By using this, you will be able to restore them directly to the original phone or a new device when necessary.
At any time you can manually back up your phone. The operation may vary for different brands. The below sets shows the process of Backup
- First Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the System > Advanced > Backup.
- Make sure the Back up to Google Drive option is toggled on & then press the Back up now button to start the backup process.
2. How to Transfer Android Data to PC using the USB?
Transfer of files from an Android phone to a PC via USB cable is easy to operate. Follow the steps given below:
- First Unlock your Android phone and with the USB cable connect it to your PC.
- Next, choose the USB for the charging notification on your phone.
- Select the File Transfer option as USB for
- Then a file transfer window will display on your PC, after that you need to use it to drag files.
- After transferring all the needed files to the PC, then eject the phone from your computer and then unplug the USB cable.
3. How to Back up Android Data to PC by using the MiniTool?
The MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android can also detect the existing files on your Android phone’s internal storage. You can also consider it as a piece of Android data extraction software, and use it to back up Android data to PC. You can also use the Recover from Phone module to transfer your Android data to a PC.
How to Recover Data from Dead Phone Internal Memory through the MiniTool?
The MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is the free Android data recovery software that is specially designed to restore the deleted and lost data from Android devices, including Android phones, tablets, and SD cards. The data types are various including photos, videos, messages, documents, and more.
This program has two recovery modules: Recover from Phone and Recover from SD-Card. To recover data from the dead phone, you need to use the Recover from Phone module.
- This module can only retrieve files from rooted Android phones or tablets, so, you need to make sure that your phone has been rooted before.
- The USB debugging of your Android phone should also be enabled. Meantime, you have made the phone trust the computer you are going to use. Then, this software can identify the device successfully.
The below are the steps to operate.
- First Connect the dead phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Next, Open the software to enter its main interface.
- Choose the Recover from the Phone module to continue.
- This software will identify the phone automatically and then show the Device Ready to Scan
This shows you the related information includes the data types it can restore and two scan modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
Which scan mode you need to use? It depends upon the given below
- If you only want to restore some text messages like contacts, messages, and call records, you can choose Quick Scan.
- If you want to recover photos, videos, audios, and more from your Android phone, you need to use Deep Scan
5. It will take some time to end the scanning process. To restore photos from a dead phone, you need to choose Camera, Screenshot, or App Picture from the list. The deleted names are in orange and the existing file names are in black color.
After that, you need to check the files you want to rescue and press the Recover button to select a proper location to save these files.
After finishing all the steps, you can access the specified path to use the recovered files immediately.