Schedule an Email in Gmail – Nowadays, some often forget to send important emails at the right time, and sometimes it can create problems. A way to not repeat this mistake, again and again, is to schedule emails. Gmail provides this option already, but not some of them know about it. Google introduced the schedule email feature last year. The feature is available for both desktop and mobile users.
If you choose to send your email without the Right Inbox extension, you’ll be given some send time suggestions, as well as the chance to customize your send time. However, if you’ve installed the Right Inbox extension, then you’ll benefit from far more choices.
- Compose the Email
- In your Compose window, you’ll see the Right Inbox options below the Gmail Send Now button:
- Set Up the Scheduled Email in Gmail
- Click on Send Later, and you’ll be given a list of options to choose from:
- Choose the Date and Time to Send Your Email
- Choosing to send in a set number of hours is self-explanatory. If you choose to send it tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening, you don’t get to specify the exact time. However, you can always choose to send At a specific time.
- If you click on At a specific time, you can choose your date from a calendar: Your time from a drop-down menu:
- And even the target timezone, if applicable: Or instead, you can choose to input your own send time and date in your own words, or choose from some preset examples:
- Confirmation of Scheduled Email
- When you’re happy with your scheduled time, click Schedule.
How to Schedule Emails on Desktop/Laptop?
- On your System, You will first need to open the Gmail desktop version.
- Next, on the top left corner of the screen, click on the Compose mail option.
- Similar to any other email, enter the recipients’ email ID, subject of the mail, and the body mail.
- After that, when the mail is created, go to the bottom of the screen and click the dropdown arrow next to the send option.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the Schedule Send option to schedule an email. By default, It shows three options, but you can pick your own date and time. As noted earlier, you can up to 100 emails.
How to Schedule a Mail on Phone?
On your phone, You first need to open the Gmail app if you don’t have to head to the App Store or Google Play store to download it.
- Click on the create mail or “+” icon and enter the recipients’ email ID, the subject of the mail, and the body mail.
- Next, click on the “…” icon next to the send arrow at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on Schedule send.
Similar to the desktop, it will show some three options, including tomorrow morning, tomorrow afternoon. To schedule, the mail you will be able to pick your own date and time.
Gmail lets you change the scheduled time and date after it has been scheduled. To re-edit the mail, you will need to click Scheduled on the left corner of your desktop screen.
You can also cancel a scheduled email whenever you want. To do so, click on Scheduled Scheduled, select the email you want to cancel, and then click Cancel send. Notably, when you cancel a scheduled email, it will turn into a draft.
Also Read: How to organize your works with Pinned Tabs.