How to See Sensitive Content on Twitter – Twitter has all kinds of accounts, posting different types of tweets, images, videos, and live streams. You will find accounts that promote kids’ content, funny memes, helpful information, etc. At the same time, there is no shortage of violent or adult accounts; some of them are even verified by Twitter! The social media giant for safety has tools and algorithms that hide sensitive content. However, if you would like to see sensitive content on Twitter on iPhone or iPad, then here is how to do that.
By appropriately marking your media settings, Twitter can identify potentially sensitive content that other users may not wish to see, such as violence or nudity. If you intend to regularly post such content, we ask that you please adjust your media settings.
How to See Sensitive Content on Twitter?
People often post images and videos on Twitter to show what’s happening around the globe. Sometimes, this media may involve sensitive topics, including violent and adult content.
Many people prefer avoiding such content, so Twitter marks them with a “sensitive content” label. It wraps the images and videos under a warning message that needs to be acknowledged before viewing the media. The same appears on the profile posting the content.
However, if you’re comfortable with viewing sensitive content in your feed, you can easily avoid the “This Tweet might include sensitive content” warning on Twitter. Below is how to turn it off, be it on the Twiter mobile app or web.
On Twitter Mobile App
- Open the Twitter app on your phone.
- Click your profile picture at the top left to open the sidebar menu.
- Select Settings and privacy and then Privacy and safety.
- Click on the Content you see.
- Enable the toggle for Display media that may contain sensitive content.
On Twitter Web or Desktop App
- Open your browser and head to Twitter.com. Log in with your account if not already.
- In the sidebar menu, click on More.
- Then, select Settings and privacy > privacy and safety.
- Now, click on the Content you see.
- On this page, check the box for Display Media That May Contain Sensitive Content.
Doing so will disable the sensitive content warning on the Twitter web.
Allow Media With Sensitive Content in Twitter Searches
By default, Twitter hides media with sensitive content in search results. You can enable these tweets to appear in the searches using the steps given below.
- Open Twitter web on your PC.
- Click on Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety > Content you see.
- Select Search Settings.
- Here, uncheck the box for hiding Sensitive Content.
You can follow the same steps in the Twitter mobile app on your Android phone. That said, the setting is currently unavailable on iOS.
How to View Sensitive Content in Twitter on iPhone and Web
- Open any web browser on your iPhone, iPad, or Computer
- Go to Twitter.com and log in.
- Click on the profile picture from the upper left
- Tap Settings and privacy.
- Tap Privacy and safety.
- Scroll down and under Safety, check the box for Display media that may contain sensitive content.
From now onwards, you will see sensitive tweets and content on Twitter. This setting is tied to your account and not the particular device. So, if you log in to Twitter on the web or Android, there too you will see sensitive tweets.
How to Turn Off Sensitive Content in Twitter on iPhone
Follow the above steps and uncheck the box for Display media that may contain sensitive content. Further, to stop sensitive content from showing up in search results, etc. take a look at how to enable safe search mode.
This is all about enabling sensitive content for your Twitter account. If you have a related query, feel free to ask in the comments down below. Also, just so you know, we post informative content on our iGeeksBlog Twitter handle.