Two Factor Authentication – Twitter is one of the most popular social platforms, with millions of users sharing not just their everyday lives with other Twitter users, but also vital information about themselves with the network itself. If you use Twitter and wish to add an extra degree of protection to your account, you may utilize 2FA..
You will need your password and a secondary login method to log in to your account after using two-factor authentication, either a code, a login confirmation through an app, or a physical security key.
How to Setup/Enable Twitter Two-Factor Authentication via a security key
To sign up using the Security key, first enable either the Text message or Authentication app two-factor authentication methods. To enable Twitter 2FA through the Security key, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Select Security key.
- After reading the overview, click Start.
- Next, Insert and touch your physical security key into your computer’s USB port.
- To complete the setup, follow the on-screen instructions.
To add or log in to your account using a security key, you must use the most recent version of a compatible browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, or Safari.
You may now access your twitter.com account using your security key. Most of the social networking networks include Instagram, Facebook, and Whatsapp, which encourage two-step verification.
Enable Two-factor Authentication using an Authentication app
Here are step-by-step instructions for signing up for Twitter using an authentication app.
- Select the Authentication app checkbox.
- Read the overview instructions before pressing the Start button.
- Enter your password and click Verify if asked.
- To link your authentication app to your Twitter account you will be invited to scan a QR code
- You can use any time-based one-time password authentication tool (for example, Google Authenticator, Authy, Duo Mobile, 1Password, and so on).
- After scanning the QR code, click Next.
- Enter the code provided by your authentication app and then click Verify.
- On the screen, a confirmation message will display. To complete the setup, click Got it.
By Using a third-party authentication app, you have successfully configured Twitter 2FA. You can now view and use codes to access your Twitter account.
How to Enable 2FA via Text Message for Twitter on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Twitter app from your Home screen.
- On the top left of your screen, click on the profile bubble.
- Tap Settings and privacy. and click on Account.
- Next, Choose the Security.
- Tap Two-factor authentication.
- Tap the Text Message On/Off Switch and Get Started.
- Enter your password.
- Hit Verify.
- Enter your phone number.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the confirmation code you received via text message.
- Click on Next
- Tap Got it.
Remember to save the backup code somewhere secure in case you ever have to use it. Now you will need to enter the confirmation code sent to you via text message whenever you sign in to Twitter.
ALSO READ: How to use Instagram SuperZoom Feature