Google has launched its mobile payments app, Tez, which works on the UPI platform. Through this app, you can make third-party payments or receive money with a few taps on one’s mobile phone.
How to Set up and Make Payments with Google Tez?
- Add a registered mobile number – Here the prerequisites for this application to work is that the mobile number to be registered on the app should be the same as the number that is registered with the bank account.
- Create a Google PIN – A four-digit google PIN needs to be set up for the application to work.
- Add a bank account – Choose your bank from the list. A secure message will then be sent from the registered.
How to Install Google Tez
This part is straightforward. You can either go to g.co/Tez from your phone to get the download link for the app, or head to the Play Store and manually search for Tez.
- Open the Play Store from your app drawer or the home screen.
- Search for Google Tez.
- Select the action overflow button (three vertical dots on the right) next to the Google Tez listing.
- Tap Install.
Hot to Set up Google Tez
You can get started with setting up the service when the Tez is installed. You’ll need to provide a phone number during the initial setup, and the number has to be the same as that registered with your bank account.
- Open Tez from your app drawer.
- To get started, select a language from the list.
- Enter your phone number.
- Tez needs access to texts, contacts, and your device’s location.
- After giving Tez access, you can choose the Google account you want to be associated with the service. If you’re signed into a single account, it will be automatically selected.
- After selecting an account, tap Continue.
- Google will now send an OTP to verify your account. This process is automatic.
- After your phone number is verified, you’ll be able to choose a PIN for Tez. You can select your existing screen lock or set up a new four-digit Google PIN just for the service.
- After choosing the screen lock, select Continue.
- The initial setup is now complete. You’re directed to Tez’s home screen, but before you can start sending or receiving money, you’ll need to link your bank account with the service.
How to Add a Bank Account?
- After you are done with the initial setup, you will now see ‘Add Bank Account’ located just below your profile name at the top.
- Google Tez supports all the major banks in India. Choose your bank and select the mobile number to which your account is in the above, select bank is linked.
- Next, the app will ask you to enter your UPI ID. Based on whether you have a UPI ID or not, Step 4 will not differ for both sets of audiences.
If you already have a UPI ID
- If you already have a UPI ID, Tez will ask you to enter the same for verification. Just tap on ‘Enter UPI PIN’, type in your 4-digit PIN, and voila your linked bank account will now appear on the app.
If you don’t have a UPI ID
- Creating a UPI ID is pretty simple with Tez. After you have selected your bank and mobile number in Step 2, tap on ‘Proceed’.
- It will now ask you to enter your Debit Card details which are linked with your mobile number. Enter your credentials and verify the OTP.
- Next, you now enter the 4-digit UPI PIN you want to set, and once done, we are now ready to transact through Google Tez.
How to Make Payments using Google Tez?
There are a bunch of ways through which you can transact with Google Tez. Let’s discuss all of them in detail.
This is more of a traditional method of transacting online. Under the Payments section on the main screen, you choose ‘Account Number’. Add the various details like Recipient’s name, Account Number, IFSC Code and you are good to go. This method will come in handy if the recipient is not a Tez user. Your bank will ask you for your UPI PIN before you can successfully send the money.
Alternatively, you can simply enter the UPI ID of the person you want to send. Then, just enter the amount the procedure is the same as the one with an Account Number.
If entering UPI ID is still cumbersome for you, Tez also allows you to send money via QR Code. Just scan the QR code of the recipient by going to the QR code option and enter the amount you want to send.
Alternatively, you can simply tap the three-dot menu on the main screen and choose ‘Scan QR Code’. Also, you can get your QR Code from here by tapping ‘Display QR Code’. Note, the recipient needs to be a Google Tez user for this method.
ALSO READ: How to Disable Native Apps on Android