Google Play Services Account Action Required is one of the most irritating notifications that you can get on your phone. Here’s how to deal with it. If you keep getting Account Action Required notifications from Google Play Services, this given procedure will help you eliminate this annoying notification
If you found a Google account notification, as the “Account action required” or similar notification, it may occur due to the following reasons the original Google account you used to set up your Android device is no longer working. One of your Gmail accounts that are linked to the device is not syncing. Before we move into the fixes the issue here we can know that what the Google Play services Account Action Required mean:
- The Google account which you used to set up your Android phone is stopped or no longer working.
- In your phone settings, you have changed the password of your Google account and forget to update.
- There are syncing problems with the Gmail account that is linked to your phone.
- You have accidentally or mistakenly deleted the Google account which is linked to your Android device.
How to Stop Google Play Services Account Action Required
Now that you can have an idea about what has caused the problem, and it will be an easier method for you to fix this problem
- Update Your Google Account Password
- Turn off and on Google Play Services Notifications
- Clear Cache on Google Play Services
- Clear Cache on The Play Store
- Uninstall Play Store Updates
- Remove and Re-Add Google Account
Update Your Google Account Password
Google Play Services Account Action Required – In this, we are showing how to update your Google Account password -. If you have changed your Google Account password and didn’t update it on your Android phone, this might be the culprit of this “Account Action Required” notification.
In case if you don’t remember your password then you can change your password, just sign out and sign back into your Google account. This method should fix the problem after you have entered the correct password. If you didn’t change your password, next move to the next step.
Remove and Re-Add Google Account
If that is not an issue for you, remove your Google account and add a new one that can help you to get rid of the Account action required notification. However, you may remove and re-add the same Google account. This may be enough to get your account back into sync.
- First Head over to the Settings app.
- Next Tap on Accounts.
- Choose the Gmail account which you want to remove.
- At the Bottom Tap the Remove account button.
Once you have removed the Google account, you can proceed to add a new one or the old one. Then click on the Add account to do so. To find the Add Account option on your phone it depends on how many accounts you have, you may need to scroll down.
Turn Off and On Google Play Services Notifications
Turning ON and OFF Google Play Services notifications might get rid of the Account Action Required notification.
- Open the Settings tab, click on the Apps & Notifications.
- Next, click on the All apps & then look for Google Play services.
- Click on the Notifications.
- Tap the toggle switch next to All Google Plays services notifications to turn the notification off. (It’s off when the toggle is white).
- Then, after a minute or two turn it back on.
Clear Cache on Google Play Services
Like other apps, Google Play Services also build up cache over time and clear up its cache which may fix this error. You must note when you clear cache on Google Play Services, you will delete temporary files associated with Google Play on your device, but won’t delete your apps.
To clear the cache on Google Play Services follow the given steps
- Head to the Settings.
- Select the Apps & Notifications.
- Tap See all apps and find Google Play Services.
- Select Google Play Services.
- Click on the Storage & Cache, and tap on Clear cache.
If clearing cache on Google Plays Services didn’t cut it, move to the next steps.
Google Play Services Account Action Required – Clear Cache on The Play Store
Here in this step, we will clear the cache & data of the Play Store on your phone.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap Apps & Notifications, then tap See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
- Tap on Storage.
- Next, click on the Clear cache.
If the Account Action Required notification doesn’t go away, maybe the cache is not the issue.
Google Play Services Account Action Required – Uninstall Play Store Updates
In this step, we are going to uninstall Google Play Store updates.
- In the First Step Open Settings.
- Next Head to Apps & Notifications.
- Tap See all apps. Scroll down and look for Google Play Store.
- At the top-right corner Click on the three dots.
- Then tap on Uninstall updates.