Facebook is the biggest social networking website. It is one of the largest place to meet and make new friends. In Your Facebook friends can help you to do that by suggesting their friends to you. Here you can also suggest your friends to each other whom you think would have great compatibility. Here To suggest a friend on Facebook it means to work as an introducer between two or more of your Facebook friends.
You can easily suggest others profiles to each other, so they can easily add them and start their Facebook friendship. Some of these friendships can really go far. Every great friendship starts with two people who didn’t know anything but click together at the moment.
How to Suggest Friends on the Facebook:
In the Facebook, the if more friends come together, the more exciting the experience will be. Friends can share some posts which might interest more people in their group, and they can all engage with the same post. Suggesting friends allows you to suggest a friendship between two people who you believe should be friends. If you want to suggest one of your friends to somebody else, you need to follow the following steps:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the profile of the friend you want to suggest to someone else.
- Take your cursor over the icon that says “Friends.”
- Select “Suggest Friends.”
- A pop-up window will open, containing the names of your Facebook friends.
- Select the friend to whom you want to send the suggestion and select “Suggest Friend.”
That’s it. It was effortless to suggest friends earlier. Whenever you suggested someone to your friends, they will receive a notification. They can check their profile and send them a ‘Friend Request’ instantly.
Where is the Friend Suggestion Feature?
The Facebook has released an update that had made the major changes to the website in December 2018. One of those changes was the removal of the ‘Suggest Friends’ feature. By using the method mentioned above you cannot suggest friends anymore. You will see that the ‘Suggest Friends’ option is not available under the ‘Friends’ drop-down menu on the friend’s profile page if you try it.
We don’t know the exact reason why Facebook decided to remove this pretty useful. But, we have found some even greater alternatives. You can use them to suggest friends on Facebook now.
How to Suggest Friends on Facebook?
Since Facebook has removed the ‘Suggest Friends’ feature, you have to use some special workarounds to do that. We are going to tell you about the best ones here. You can use them and suggest people to your friends so that they can start new friendships. These are quick, simple, and straightforward methods, nothing complex.
This is the best method. Suppose you are having the habit of using the Facebook app or the Facebook Lite app. You can suggest people to your friends. It would help if you visited the person’s Facebook profile to suggest and take a screenshot. Then, open your friend’s chat, Messenger, or even WhatsApp inbox and share the screenshot.
You can also Send a message saying something like ‘Add him up, you’d really like him.’ Then, your friend can search the person on Facebook and send them a ‘Friend Request.’ You can also ask the other person to receive your friend’s request. That’s it.
Another simple method to suggest a friend to anyone is by sharing their profile link. Follow the given steps to know how to do it.
- Open the Facebook or Facebook Lite app.
- Log in to your account. Skip this step If you are already logged in.
- Visit the ‘Friend’s profile’ whom you want to suggest.
- Tap on the ‘3-dots’ present next to the ‘friends’ icon.
- Now tap on ‘Copy link to Profile.’
- Next, open a messaging app like Messenger or WhatsApp.
- Open the inbox of the friend to whom you want to suggest a friend.
- Paste the link and send it.
That’s it. Your friend can tap on the link, and your suggested person’s FB profile will open. They can easily add them then.
You can also use this method on your PC. To know how to follow these simple steps:
- Visit Facebook.com.
- Now log in to your account.
- Next, visit the ‘Friend’s Profile‘ whom you want to suggest.
- Then, copy the profile link from the URL bar.
- Finally, please share it with your friend to whom you want to suggest via email or any other messaging app.
That’s it. You can also use WhatsApp Web on your PC to share the link.
3. Create a Group on Messenger
You can also use Facebook Messenger to initiate friendship between two or more of your Facebook friends. To know what you have to do, follow these steps:
- Launch the Messenger app. If you don’t have it, you can install it from the Play Store or App Store.
- If you haven’t logged in to your account, then log in.
- After logging in, tap on the ‘Pencil’ icon present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on ‘Create a New Group.’
- Next, select the friends you want to suggest and to whom you want to suggest. You can use the search bar to find them if you don’t see them.
- After choosing friends, tap on Next.
- Select a name for the group and tap on ‘Create.’
- Once the group is created, send a message saying, “I’ve created this group only to make you people meet. You both can add each other and begin the conversation.”
- Then, leave the group.
That’s it. This is another straightforward method to suggest friends on Facebook.