Transfer Contacts From Android to Windows Phone – Moving data between devices is always a too slow activity. When transferring contacts from one smartphone platform to another. For this, certain basics make complex tasks incredibly easy.
This is a nice way for all those who have bought or plan to buy a Windows Phone device, to transfer all your contacts from an Android smartphone. For that Simply copy the .vcf file will not work for Windows Phone for one has to convert the files to .csv format. Instead of going through that headache, we show some of the simple methods.
Transfer Data from Android Phone to Windows Phone
The Windows Phone is a fast & user-friendly OS plus and its integration with Microsoft-linked products has given many users a reason to consider moving from Android to the integrated mobile platform. The drawback of switching from an Android phone to a Windows Phone is that you don’t want to lose any of your information. Thankfully you don’t have to. Here we will include simple ways to help you transfer data from Android to Windows Phone, including Nokia Lumia 530, 635, 735, 830, 930, 1020, 1520, Microsoft Lumia 640, 640 XL, HTC 8X, 8XT, Samsung ATIV S Neo, etc. Here we can also backup restore apps.
1. Windows Phone Online Help Page
Microsoft understands the problems associated with making the switch. So it offers a relatively comprehensive Help Page to help users make the transition to Windows Phone as easy as possible.
You will exactly find how to move email, contacts and calendars, docs, music, photos, and videos from Android to Windows Phone from this.
2. Transfer my Data App
To transfer data from Android to Windows phone, an easy way to transfer data from Android to Windows Phone by using the Transfer my Data app. It is a Windows Phone app that allows you to access and copy contacts, text messages, pictures, and music from Android via Bluetooth.
1. First on your Windows phone Download & install the app and open the Transfer my Data app.
2. On both the Windows Phone and the Android phone Turn on Bluetooth connectivity and pair them together.
3. From the request message that popped up on the Android phone Press Ok to allow the Transfer my Data app access to the phone data.
4. On the App Screen You will see your contacts, text messages, and pictures, press “Start” to copy data. Press “Finish” to exit AFter the copy processes is done
Note: This app is only working with Microsoft Lumia Windows Phone, & it is not for others like Samsung or HTC Windows Phone.
3. Switch to Windows Phone App
Microsoft has Not only the Transfer my Data app, but Microsoft also has another app that can easily transfer data from Android to Windows Phone. The free Switch to Windows Phone app comes in two versions, that available from Windows Phone Store and Google Play. You need both versions to transfer contacts, text messages, photos, videos, music, etc.
Launch the app on the Android phone where your data is currently stored. To move data from Windows phone this app offers you two ways
1. WiFi: If you have already set up your Windows Phone, the Wi-Fi option creates a virtual wireless connection between Android and Windows Phone, and lets you copy everything.
2. OneDrive: If you have not set up your Windows Phone yet, you can save the data from your Android phone to OneDrive and download it to Windows Phone when you set up the device.
4. Android to Windows Phone File Transfer Tool
You can easily make the switch with Jihosoft Phone Data Transfer. The powerful tool lets you transfer contacts, text messages, calendars, photos, videos, music, and more from Android to Windows Phone in few simple clicks.
1. First on Your Computer Download, install, and run the Android to Windows Phone File Transfer tool.
2. By using USB Cables Connect both the Android and Windows Phone to the PC. Make sure the Windows Phone is listed as “Destination”.
3. To begin the Transfer Mark the data you wish to move and click on “Start Copy”. After that, click on “OK” to end it.
Note: Using this tool, you can transfer your important stuff from iPhone to Windows Phone.
Import contacts from SIM card to Windows phone
Many users want to transfer contacts from an old device to the new one, for this, they can follow the below steps to easily transfer contacts from old windows phones to a new Android phone or vice-versa.
- First Insert the SIM card that stores contacts to the new device
- To Import from SIM click on the “More > Settings > Import from SIM”
- Here you have to select the account you want and after that & click on the “Next”
- Select the contacts that you want to import or select all and click on the “Import” button.
On your Contacts App Now you can check whether the contacts are imported or not.
- Make sure that your contacts are all backed up on Your Windows Phone. Move to the ‘People’ app on your Windows Phone and click on the settings icon – the three dots
- You will probably have signed in with your Outlook account, but if you haven’t, do it and your contacts will sync to your Outlook/Windows account.
- On your Android phone head to the settings and head to the ‘Add Accounts’ (it varies between Android phones but on Samsung, it is ‘Settings>Cloud & Accounts>Add Account’).
- To Sync Contacts Sign in with your Outlook login and you will be given the option.
- To your Google account, If you prefer you can also sign in on your Windows Phone with Gmail/Google and backup the details
- On the Windows Phone, Go to the ‘email and accounts’ and ‘add account’. Sign in with your Google details.
- It will ask you for various permissions such as accessing contacts etc. Once you have given permission you can backup your Windows Contacts to your Google Contacts and have them accessible between both devices.