Transfer Playlist from Google Play Music to Youtube Music – Google Play Music is the default music app for Android users and has been popular since it has started. Now the app has been disabled. You may have noticed a prompt when you open the Google Play Music, which advises you to migrate your music playlists to YouTube music if you are an Android User.
First, download the YouTube Music app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices. In youtube music, You can see a transfer button. Click on it to initiate the transfer of your Play Music history, playlists, uploads, as well as purchased content. Google will notify you via email and via notifications as soon as you are done transferring the data. On the home screen, this YouTube Music will also start showing you updated recommendations.
Users now easily transfer their accounts over to YouTube Music by the Google Play Music app. From Google’s streaming service into YouTube’sYouTube Music has unveiled a tool to help you transfer your entire library, profile, and playlists with just one tap.
What is Included in the Transfer From Google Play Music to YouTube Music
- Your uploaded & purchased songs.
- Your playlists & many stations.
- Albums & songs in your library, including likes and dislikes
- If you’re a current Google Play Music subscriber, Your billing information for your subscription.
For iOS or Android devices, the process is the same. Use the below following steps to transfer your data from Google Play Music to YouTube Music:
How to Transfer your Data and Music From Google Play Music to YouTube Music
- First, download the YouTube Music app.
- Now open the YouTube Music app.
- Then click on your profile picture and then choose the Settings option.
- You will see a transfer button in the app that will initiate your Play Music history, playlists, uploads, and purchased content.
- When the Transfer is completed, You will get an email and notification.
- This app also starts the updated recommendations based on your likes/dislikes and playlists.
- You can visit https://music.youtube.com/transfer
- Then click on Transfer.
Also Read: How to Enable Youtube’s dark mode
How to Transfer your Google Play Music account to YouTube Music
To move your account to its new service, Google has made it a straightforward process. The whole process can be done within one or two clicks. The company also states that This will preserve the following content, details, and settings;
- Your Google Play Music library, including any purchases, playlists, uploaded songs, plus all the albums/songs in your current collection.
- All your likes and dislikes are also be transferred, and your recommendations won’t go back to square one.
- All your payment details move with you too, so there’s no need to cancel direct debits and set up new ones if you have a Premium account. After that, Your Google Play Music Premium account will become a YouTube Music Premium one.
You’ll still be able to use both apps and services for as long as they exist, but the days are most definitely numbered for Play Music, so we advise you to try out YouTube Music.
How to Initiate a Library Transfer on Mobile
- Launch the YouTube Music app on your Android or iOS smartphone
- After that, You may observe a pop-up prompt upon launch asking if you want to transfer from Google Play Music. This option might not be available to everyone.
- Most of the users need to go to Settings > Transfer from Google Play Music.
- You will now get a notification informing you of the transfer progress when the process starts.
- Depending on the size of your library, in some cases, the process can range from a few minutes to a few days.
- On your device, When the transfer is complete, you’ll receive a notification.
- At last, you can enjoy all of your playlists, albums, tracks now.