Turn Off Read Receipts – By default, Instagram enables read receipts. This means, that any messages you send on the platform appear with a Seen icon once the recipient reads them.
As social media is becoming an inseparable part of our lives, keeping our privacy online is becoming a new obligation. Especially on Instagram, this is so important. For instance, you may want to hide who you follow or do not want to get DMs from unknown users we barely know. There are always occasions when we want to see other people’s messages and keep them for a while before replying. But Instagram usually shows the read receipts. Now, the question is how you can turn off read receipts on Instagram? Of course, there are ways to do so.
Steps to Turn Off Read Receipts:
- Open the Instagram App.
- Tap the Messenger symbol or Instagram Direct (DM icon). There are in the top right.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and turn off the Wi-Fi connection.
- Easily read your messages. Turn off the message inbox and return your profile page.
- Tap the menu icon (three vertical lines).
- Click Settings at the bottom. Tap Log Out and exit.
- Turn off Airplane mode.
- Log in again to your account.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts in Instagram
As mentioned, if you want to turn off read receipts, then you can’t turn off read receipts on Instagram in any direct way. But there is a way you can read messages secretly without updating what you’re seen on the message you viewed
- when you receive a direct message on your Instagram account. You will receive a notification in your notification panel, but only if your notification is switched on. When you view a notification of a message and you want to read but don’t want, you’re seen to go. So, don’t just directly Tap to read if you read it secretly.
- Open your Instagram Application on your device > open DM section by clicking on the top right corner DM icon where you can access all the conversation. but don’t open any conversation or see any message.
- Now just disconnect the internet connection of your device. Turn off WiFi as well as cellular data or just make your device into flight mode. The reason behind switching the data after opening the DM section is that it can access your read receipts but won’t load or send your response or be seen on the chat.
- Now you can read the message received from your chat menu. While you are reading any message the sender is unaware that you have read their message. And disconnecting yourself from the internet will disconnect you from being online leaving in causing no action online. But it will be marked as visible when you switch on your network.
- Before opening just simply log out from the account and turn on the mobile network after logging out so that you don’t end up sending the seen to the sender.
Also Read: How to Make group video Calls on Instagram
To confirm whether the message you have read is seen from the sender’s account or not. Open your chat menu there you can see the message is unread and it’s unread then it means that the sender is not have seen the notification till you open the chat when you have an internet connection.